What is Preventive Dentistry?
Preventive dentistry is all about keeping your teeth healthy throughout the course of your life. It is a combination of regular dental checkups and developing good habits such as brushing and flossing.
Benefits of Preventive Dentistry:
- It helps in identifying any issue that can lead to serious problems. Dentists through regular checkups identify problems, if any, in their initial stages and address them before you experience serious discomfort.
- It helps to prevent jaw joint disorders. Major jaw disorders start as minor discomfort, but can lead to serious problems in future. An experienced dentist can watch out for the warning signs and treats such problems before they turn into something big.
- With regular checkups, dentists provide help and advice specific to your needs. Regular visits can help you build a good relationship with your dentist which will allow them to tailor advice and provide treatments for your needs.
- It helps you avoid tooth decay. With time plaque can form over your teeth and can later lead to tartar which is a more serious problem. If it remains untreated, the teeth can become infected. Through preventive dentistry, your dentist can perform a cleaning every six months. This will lower the chances of these concerns.
- It helps in improving your smile. Routine cleanings helps you brighten your teeth by keeping discoloration at bay.
One way Spring Dental cares for you and your family’s smile is through the practice of preventative dentistry in Wetaskiwin. Keeping your teeth healthy starts with caring for your teeth, through daily brushing and flossing, as well as annual or bi-annual dental visits to us! Come to our office today and ask about our preventive dentistry sealants.
Get in touch with us for all your questions related to preventive dentistry in Wetaskiwin. Our team will guide you with all the benefits of preventive dentistry and regular checkups. You can also call us at 780-352-9272 to schedule an appointment with us.